Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tubes



Carson had tubes put in his ears on Tuesday. He did pretty well. They could not get him to wear the hospital gown or the little socks. So he just wore his diaper and shirt. These are a couple of pictures of him waiting to go back into surgery. He was having a great time. The post surgery wasn't so pretty. When they walked in the room I said,"Hey buddy, come see mommy." I put my hands out and he came to me and laid his head on my shoulder. Then two seconds later he sits up and smacks me across the face! Hard. It was probably the hardest that I have ever been slapped.(OK I don't get slapped often..but it hurt!) Then I passed him off to Jeremiah. Had it been any other day...well we will just leave it at that. Actually if it had been any other day I probably wouldn't have been slapped. It was almost like he was angry with me. Looking back it is too funny!

6 comments:

Chandra said...

Awwww Poor little guy. That's so funny that he slapped you but my heart goes out to him, what a brave lil man!

Jenny C said...

That is seriously my favorite stroy ever!

Jenny C said...

I mean story....

Tricia said...

Poor Carson...and poor Kassie too! I hope the tubes make him feel better. Miss you guys. Isn't it about time to check up on Cold Stone?

The Bertagnoles said...

Poor baby!! It does make a funny story, though. :} My friends boy has had tubes, actually two sets of them, but he has done so well with them... no more ear infections. :}

Jill Wright said...

Even with the slap, it's worth it! :) I told Jeremy that if we get another boy, I'm just going to have the doctor do the tubes at the same time as the circumcision. :)